Lately I have been doing more Newborn Photography. I never realized when I started my journey to Photography how much went into Photographing infants!! Some things that I have learned to pass onto parents and or other Photographers when photographing Newborns before a portrait session is:
1. Make sure baby is fed before hand, bring an extra bottle to session just in case!!
2. Make sure baby is well rested, even as an adult the last thing we want when we are tired is to be messed with!
3. Have multiple outfits on hand, just because you love one or two certain outfits does not mean it will always complement your little blessing in the portraits.
For the Photographer:
1. Patience!! These are usually the most time consuming sessions.
2. Warmth!! Make sure that the area you are photographing in, is nice and warm for the Newborn.
3. Have a special private area set up for the mother, especially for those that are breastfeeding.
I will continue to post more information as I learn new obstacles that I encounter along my journey!! Until then, enjoy a few of these Newborn Portraits………